Leicestershire County Council - Governor Development Service
Leicestershire Governor Development Service has a reputation for excellence in providing advice, support and training to governing bodies and their clerks.
Our aim is to enhance leadership and management in schools in order to raise educational achievement of, and improve the life chances for, all young people in the county.
The service provides an all-inclusive package to school governors. This includes an annual training programme providing a comprehensive range of courses for governors. Access to guidance, advice and information about governance issues, a telephone helpline and termly newsletter.
What We Offer
Our comprehensive service can be purchase through a service order and includes:
- A dedicated telephone helpline service.
- Unlimited access to governor induction courses.
- Unlimited access to a core training programme.
- Unlimited access to a range of briefings for your Chair, Clerk, T&D and SEN governor.
- Access to additional training courses and workshops developed to meet national and local initiatives.
- 1 x 2 hour in-school whole governing body training session on any of the 2 hour core courses listed in the training programme. A minimum of 8 governors is expected up to a maximum of 20.
- An opportunity to upgrade your 2 hour in-school training session for a bespoke course which is developed to address a particular need (an additional charge will apply to cover the cost of development).
- Online training programmes available through Governors E-Learning (GEL).
- A termly emailed update to support Training & Development Governor.
- 50% discount off the recommended retail price of the National College Chair of Governors’ Leadership Development Programme.
- 50% discount off the standard membership to the National Governors' Association (NGA).
- Access to GSET a governance self evaluation tool.
- Termly e-newsletter for your governors.
- Resource base and dedicated governor website.
- Regular information, updates and briefings made available online.
- Four printed copies of the Leicestershire Training and Development Programme.
- A welcome pack for new governors.
If you have any queries relating to courses, bookings or need general advice, please contact:
Advice & Information
Tel: 0116 305 6430
Advice & Information
Tel: 0116 305 6517
Course Bookings Advice & Information
Tel: 0116 305 6519
Governor Development Service
Follow Us on Twitter