Great Maths Pedagogy
What Makes Great Professional Development Which Leads To Consistently Great Pedagogy?
The Affinity Teaching School Alliance is working with Leicester and Brooke Weston Teaching School Alliances and the University of Leicester in a cross-alliance partnership with a shared commitment to improving students’ learning achievements through enhancing the quality of teachers’ professional development across schools in the three TSAs.
Great professional development involves teachers learning collaboratively, experimentally and in contexts of classroom practice. The quality of professional learning is enhanced by practice-focused enquiry – joint practice development (JPD).
Promoting JPD is a key strategy for supporting improvements in the learning achievements of students at schools in all three alliances. To ensure that our cross-alliance professional development strategy leads to consistently great pedagogy we aim to promote and embed change in terms of:
- School culture
- Professional development practice, and
- Knowledge sharing, and networking across the three alliances.
- Measuring change and supporting improvement in CPD and leadership cultures at participating schools
- Developing the way we use Lesson Study as a distinctive form of JPD, and
- Building opportunities for knowledge-sharing, collaboration and networking within and between schools in our cross-alliance partnership.
National Themes Report
Please find below a link to the teaching schools R&D national themes reports which are now available online.
Many thanks for all your work during the lifetime of this project. We hope you are pleased with the outcomes and will share the learning with your wider networks.